UPDATE: Due to the coronavirus, Boise and Meridian Leagues will be postponed. 

We hope everyone is staying healthy and happy during this unsettling time.  A quick update on the Spring Season.  

After speaking with Expo Idaho and Meridian Parks and Recreation they are thinking things could be better soon and are hoping to open up their facilities the week of May 15th. We do have the fields scheduled for multiple days and would be able to finish the season by early June. For some of the weeks we would do double headers. For example we would have games on Thursday and Friday and schedule a team playing on Thursday for a double header and different teams playing double headers on Friday.

We are looking at other options as things are still up in the air and constantly changing.  For example, if the schools decide, that due to missed time, they will extend further into June we could do just Friday games for the seven weeks and finish later in June since kids would still be in school. I will reach out to coaches and get their thoughts.

It seems like after all this social distancing and time cooped up in the house, the kids could really use a fun season of football to look forward to.  So we are hoping to be able to pull it off.  

We are also hoping to start practices in May, if it is safe; following with school and government regulations. 

We will start to put the teams into divisions (comp, rec and mid-rec) and emailing coaches for input starting next week.

If season is cancelled:

Our current plan is to have a season, but if that is not possible, and we do have to cancel we will be issuing a refund.

Unfortunately it will not be 100%, due to expenses that have been paid to operate a business such as insurance, book keeping, email distribution, referee hiring, referee training, advertising to hire referees, advertising in general, among many, many other charges.

We are currently calling around to see what things can hypothetically be returned to see if we can give higher refunds.

We do promise that keeping some of the registration fees will not be to turn a profit, but to avoid a catastrophic loss. Once we hear back from several places we will let everyone know what the refund percentage will be if we don't have a season.

We are also open to giving a higher percentage back to those hit hard financially by the economic effects of the coronavirus. 

We hope and pray for all of you to get through this okay.
 

Nampa and Pocatello Leagues 

Please Watch for emails from the Nampa and Pocatello League directors with updates to the Spring Season. Thanks!

File Attachment: